Thursday, December 18, 2008

I Knew This Was Going To Happen!!

I just knew that the holiday season would hit and I would lack any motivation to do anything other than Christmas and birthday planning, hence me being MIA from the blogging world. I feel like I have so much to share, yet I know that I have forgotten many of the things that I wanted to blog about. So excuse the huge post, but I have a lot of bloggin' to do.

Let's seen....where to start. Thanksgiving! This year we celebrated Thanksgiving 3 times!!! Yes, three times!! On Thanksgiving morning Jackson and I watched the beloved Thanksgiving Day Parade. Granted, it went on a little longer than what I would have liken, but he seemed to enjoy it. Drew built him a tent...more like a cave...in which he watched the parade. The weekend following Thanksgiving several us caught an evening showing of the Polar Express at the IMAX theatre. That was a bit much for Jackson, who started crying on several occasions because it was too loud and too big.

To kick in the holiday season, Jackson and I attended the light parade hosted by the City of Grapevine. It was really chilly that night, and I was unprepared. My feet were freezing by the end of the parade, but we had such a good time that I didn't care one bit.

The holiday season continued with the weekend packed and every spare moment of time occupied with planning or shopping. Jackson enjoyed his very first experience with Chuck E Cheese...he was invited to his friend "little Brendan's" birthday party. Needless to say, he had a great time and he and Brendan reconnected after not seeing each other for almost a full year. They enjoyed riding on the kiddo version of simulated roller coaster ride, which they are pictured riding below. It was fun!!Lets see...so the holiday season continued with us finally getting our Christmas tree out. We were over a week late in putting up the decorations, which was really a bummer for Jackson. He was dying for us to have some Christmas "stuff" on and in the house. Things have been so crazy for Drew this month at work that it was hard to have a moment that we could all be together to trim the tree. Well, we finally found a moment to breath, play some Christmas music and decorate the tree. I think Jackson did a pretty good job putting Santa on top of the tree : )

Next big event was the annual Christmas concert at Jackson's school. It was an interesting evening, to say the least. Jackson had a really bad day at school the day of the concert....I actually found him in the office when I went to pick him up. Little mister man decided that he was going to be mean to one of his friends and refused to apologize. Let me tell you, the night only got worse leading up to the time we were supposed to be at the school for the concert. Let's just say that some time was spent in time out and a little someone named Jackson really cared less. Whew...it was an evening!

We arrived at the school for the concert. After putting a lovely Christmas tree on his head, Jackson refused to get his picture taken. He then also refused to sing with his class. Oh, he was standing with them...but he refused to sing. He was too busy walking around, playing with the back drop and waving at his grandparents. I swear, he wasn't my child that night!!
The next big event was an evening with the family at the Grapevine Vintage Railroad. For the past few years the organization has hosted a Polar Express ride at Christmas time. We had so much fun!! As they boarded the train, they had the ticket holders que through a forest of pine trees (fake, of course) with snow falling all around (also fake). The music from the movie was playing as everyone boarded the train. We were with a huge group of people....all of the cousins were loving being together for the ride. I think the adults had a lot of fun too! And finally....last, but certainly not least, was Jackson's 4th birthday party. Jackson and his cousin Mikayla, who will be turning 5 this year, bot decided that they wanted to celebrate their birthdays at The Great Wolf Lodge. So Drew's sister and I decided to have a combined party for them at this is a huge indoor waterpark / hotel. We rented a room for a night and decorated the room with balloons and banners. Jackson wanted a Transformers and Mikayla wanted Barbie...so they both got their wishes with their own cake and balloons. Friend and family member gather together in the room for the party and cake. After cake and present, those who were staying headed down to the waterpark. Jackson and his friend Brendan spent several hours going down the slides and swimming together. It was so much fun and I think that the birthday kids really enjoyed themselves!!

Now, on to Christmas in Corsicana this weekend and then we head home to CT!! We can't wait to have a break and spend the holidays in CT!!

No comments: